As a Coastie, I have traveled the States for the past 20 years going from coast to coast and one amazing adventure to another.
Read on in this blog to hear stories about my experiences living the Coast Guard life, not only as a military officer but also as a small town Midwestern girl who left home to enlist in the United States Coast Guard.
I look forward to hearing what you have to say about... My Coast Guard Career.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Its That Time Again...

Well, it's that time again to relocate. I am proud to say I graduated with my masters degree and will return to the Coast Guard as a Public Affairs Officer at the headquarters office in Washington, D.C.  

Transfer season is an exciting yet somber time for me.  I have written about this before and it never gets any easier to leave the friends I have met and the comfort of familiarity to start new. The one upside to being in the CG for 15+ years and moving to a big city like D.C. is that I already have a few friends up there to help me through the transition. I look forward to reconnecting with those old friends but will be sad to say goodbye to the new ones I have made here in Georgia.   

As I return to the CG and get back into the trenches, I hope to write more posts about my adventures. Thanks to everyone who has been sending in emails with questions and concerns. I enjoy hearing from you and I hope my replies are helpful. If you have any special requests for posts, drop me a line.  

6 comments:

Karen Russell said...

Glad to have shared a little of your time in Athens. I hope you'll have happy memories of UGA, and of course, learned a lot.

JulieAnn said...

Congratulations :)

Cool! My Coastie husband just graduated with his MBA and is now headed to DC as well... he's excited to put his knowledge to good use.

I hope you find a good place to live!!

karvsmith said...

congress. well this is great for start up UPS jobs..

CJ said...

Hey! I just found your blog today, and have enjoyed reading up on your experiences. I am an O-2 in the Army, and working on my PTMO packet to enter the CG and finish my service up that way. Any advice or input you have on making that switch?

Katie said...

Did you make it?

Katie said...

Did you make it?