As a Coastie, I have traveled the States for the past 20 years going from coast to coast and one amazing adventure to another.
Read on in this blog to hear stories about my experiences living the Coast Guard life, not only as a military officer but also as a small town Midwestern girl who left home to enlist in the United States Coast Guard.
I look forward to hearing what you have to say about... My Coast Guard Career.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

15-year Anniversary

Today is my 15-year anniversary in the Coast Guard! I can hardly believe it. As I reflect on my career, I am so proud and honored to be a part of such a great organization.

To think, I originally joined expecting to complete a four year enlistment and then return to Omaha and finish my degree. I would have never guessed that I would still be on active duty, have finished both an undergraduate and graduate degree, and been promoted to an officer. Sure, I have had my ups and downs just like any career but overall the opportunities, experiences, and people have been a real blessing to my life.

3 comments:

k said...

Congrats! I just had my 13 year anniversary on the 2nd.

Jennifer said...

thats so exciting to hear. i'd love to know more. I'm 20 years old from near houston texas, and I am researching and considering joining the coast guard. i'd like to know more about someones personal experience. I'm in the process of reading your old entries to gain some insight. :)

Felipe Silva said...

I'm also 20 years old from near Boston, Mass. I've been thinking about joining the CG but first I want to know more about the experiences, the ups and downs and if I would be able to stay in Boston. Thank you and congratulations!