As a Coastie, I have traveled the States for the past 20 years going from coast to coast and one amazing adventure to another.
Read on in this blog to hear stories about my experiences living the Coast Guard life, not only as a military officer but also as a small town Midwestern girl who left home to enlist in the United States Coast Guard.
I look forward to hearing what you have to say about... My Coast Guard Career.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Inspiration

It has been a while since my last post. I had not had much inspiration to blog over the past few months and had decided to just relax and wait for revived inspiration. Well, today I received an e-mail from a young man who wrote, "I enjoyed reading your blog; I am seriously considering joining the Coast Guard, and it has really helped my decision-making process to hear about CG life in folks' own words." Now, that is what I call inspiration!

His questions made me think about the questions that I had when I was considering joining. I was so concerned about the change, the risk, and the unknown. As the decision to join was consuming my every thought, I heard a song that truly enlightened my judgment – “The River” by Garth Brooks. Yah, corny, I know, but the words really hit home. I took the words to heart and have not regretted one decision I have made since then.

1 comment:

Karen Russell said...

Who would've thought a class assignment could change someone else's life?!