As a Coastie, I have traveled the States for the past 20 years going from coast to coast and one amazing adventure to another.
Read on in this blog to hear stories about my experiences living the Coast Guard life, not only as a military officer but also as a small town Midwestern girl who left home to enlist in the United States Coast Guard.
I look forward to hearing what you have to say about... My Coast Guard Career.

Monday, April 7, 2008

The Coast Guard Channel

Thanks to another Coast Guard blogger who posted about the Coast Guard Channel. This is an inspirational site for us Coasties. Sure does make me proud.

One of their latest productions, It’s Just Eight Weeks, details life in Coast Guard Bootcamp. These videos tell the story like no words can. Oh boy, the memories….

Here is the first video in a series of nine. Getting off that bus is exactly like they show it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea that you have incorporated into your blog. I have always wanted to know what Coast Guard Training was like. One of my very good friends is in the Coast Guard and the video makes me think of him and what he went through. Great job!