As a Coastie, I have traveled the States for the past 20 years going from coast to coast and one amazing adventure to another.
Read on in this blog to hear stories about my experiences living the Coast Guard life, not only as a military officer but also as a small town Midwestern girl who left home to enlist in the United States Coast Guard.
I look forward to hearing what you have to say about... My Coast Guard Career.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Coast Guard has a Blog!

Well, okay, they call it the Coast Guard Journal but none-the-less its online commentary from members of the Coast Guard about rescues, news, and activities displayed in reverse chronological order. Sounds like a blog, right? The only thing its basically missing is the ability for people to leave comments and links for the various terms, equipment, and documents referenced in the posts.

It is a recent addition to the revised U.S. Coast Guard homepage, which now has front-page links to RSS feeds, multimedia, and press releases.

Go Coast Guard!

4 comments:

nootka said...

I have great respect for the Coast Guard (husband's a commercial fisherman) and was happy to stumble on your blog.
My brother was in the reserves, and brother in law was in the Coast Guard for four years. :)
Fair winds and following seas to you, and I'll be reading when I can. Meanwhile exploring the links!

Peter A. Stinson said...

Did you see? You're on that unofficial CG blog...

;-)

Peter A. Stinson said...

Er, that would be http://www.cgblog.org.

Meaghan Holley said...

look at the Coast Guard- so new media savvy! I'm impressed!